Website Usage Terms and Conditions
The term ‘Shabby Chic and Vintage” or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Unit 9d, Carfroft Enterprise Park, Station Road Doncaster DN6 8DD. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
· The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
· Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
· Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
· This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
· All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
· Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
· From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
· Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Shabby Chic and Vintage and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Links to third party information:
The inclusion of links could lead to co-responsibility of the material offered via these links. It is possible to disclaim responsibility by expressly distancing oneself from the contents of the web sites. Shabby Chic and Vintage site links to third party information providers. Shabby Chic and Vintage has no influence on the contents or reliability of the web sites of these third party information providers. The following therefore applies to all links: "Shabby Chic and Vintage has no influence on the design and contents of third party internet web sites. Shabby Chic and Vintage therefore expressly distances itself from the material of all third party internet web sites, even if our web site links to these external sites."
The declaration is valid for all links given on our web site and the material of all sites reached via banners and links on our web site. Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Shabby Chic and Vintage. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them. Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Shabby Chic and Vintage takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Where you are invited to submit personal information (e-mail address, names, postal addresses) and for any other instance, the submission of this information is purely voluntary. Shabby Chic and Vintage expressly declares that the information submitted will not be passed on to third parties, which are not involved in the realisation of the offered services.
This website and its content is copyright Shabby Chic and Vintage 2012. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited. You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Acceptable internet use policy
Use of the internet by employees of Shabby Chic and Vintage is permitted and encouraged where such use supports the goals and objectives of the business. However Shabby Chic and Vintage has a policy for the use of the internet whereby employees must ensure that they:
- comply with current legislation
- use the internet in an acceptable way
- do not create unnecessary business risk to the company by their misuse of the internet
In particular the following is deemed unacceptable use or behaviour by employees and visitors:
- visiting internet sites that contain obscene, hateful, pornographic or otherwise illegal material
- using the computer to perpetrate any form of fraud, or software, film or music piracy
- using the internet to send offensive or harassing material to other users
- downloading commercial software or any copyrighted materials belonging to third parties, unless this download is covered or permitted under a commercial agreement or other such licence
- hacking into unauthorised areas
- publishing defamatory and/or knowingly false material about [business name], your colleagues and/or our customers on social networking sites, ‘blogs’ (online journals), ‘wikis’ and any online publishing format
- revealing confidential information about Shabby Chic and Vintage in a personal online posting, upload or transmission - including financial information and information relating to our customers, business plans, policies, staff and/or internal discussions
- undertaking deliberate activities that waste staff effort or networked resources introducing any form of malicious software into the corporate network
Shabby Chic and Vintage accepts that the use of email is a valuable business tool. However, misuse of this facility can have a negative impact upon employee productivity and the reputation of the business. In addition, all of the company’s email resources are provided for business purposes. Therefore, the company maintains the right to examine any systems and inspect any data recorded in those systems. In order to ensure compliance with this policy, the company also reserves the right to use monitoring software in order to check upon the use and content of emails. Such monitoring is for legitimate purposes only and will be undertaken in accordance with a procedure agreed with employees.
Company-Owned Information Held on Third-Party Websites
If you produce, collect and/or process business-related information in the course of your work, the information remains the property of Shabby Chic and Vintage. This includes such information stored on third-party websites such as webmail service providers and social networking sites, such as Facebook and LinkedIn.
Acceptable email use policy
Use of email by employees of Shabby Chic and Vintage is permitted and encouraged where such use supports the goals and objectives of the business. However, of Shabby Chic and Vintage has a policy for the use of email whereby the employee must ensure that they comply with current legislation, use email in an acceptable way and do not create unnecessary business risk to the company by their misuse of the internet
All company employees, contractors or temporary staff who have been granted the right to use the company's internet access are required to sign this agreement confirming their understanding and acceptance of this policy.
This general disclaimer is part of the material offered in our web site. If any of the terms and conditions should be determined invalid by reason of the relevant laws then the remaining terms and conditions shall remain in full effect.
Where it is believed that an employee has failed to comply with this policy, they will face the company's disciplinary procedure. If the employee is found to have breached the policy, they will face a disciplinary penalty ranging from a verbal warning to dismissal. The actual penalty applied will depend on factors such as the seriousness of the breach and the employee's disciplinary record. These procedures will be specific to our business.
Data Protection Act 1998
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 as recommended by the Information commissioner’s Office ICO: We Shabby Chic and Vintage promise that we will value the personal information entrusted to us and make sure we respect that trust. We will go further than just the letter of the law when it comes to handling personal information, and adopt good practice standards. We will consider and address the privacy risks first when we are planning to use or hold personal information in new ways, such as when introducing new systems and be open with individuals about how we use their information and who we give it to. We will make it easy for individuals to access and correct their personal information. We will keep personal information to the minimum necessary and delete and dispose of it when we no longer need it adopting the correct disposal procedures. We have in place effective safeguards to make sure personal information is kept securely and does not fall into the wrong hands. We will provide training to staff that handle personal information and treat it as a disciplinary matter if they misuse or don’t look after personal information properly. We will put appropriate financial and human resources into looking after personal information to make sure we can live up to our promises and regularly check that we are living up to our promises and report on how we are doing.
Pricing and Returns Policy
All orders made by you are the property of Shabby Chic and Vintage until payment has been received in full and is verified in our bank account. We reserve the right to cancel any order at any time. Orders will be subject to acceptance and availability. We will endeavour to notify you if your order cannot be processed for whatever reason. For the avoidance of any doubt: no contract will exist between you (the buyer) and Shabby Chic and Vintage (the seller) of any product until payment is received in full and is confirmed by Shabby Chic and Vintage and you have received a confirmation email from Shabby Chic and Vintage stating that you’re your order has been accepted and dispatched. All our products are priced and correct at the time of listing. We reserve the right to change our prices without prior notice and at any time. The recommended retail price stated by Shabby Chic and Vintage is as recommended by our suppliers.
All orders are not confirmed until Shabby Chic and Vintage accept the order. Orders can be cancelled by Shabby Chic and Vintage for any reason and a refund issued